Monday, September 3, 2012

New JM schedule for start of week 9

I took last week off from the JM to see how the school workouts would be. At school we are lifting the core lifs (power clean, squat, incline, bench) twice a week. On Tuesday we do each lift at 6 sets of 4 and on Thursday we do each lift but at 6 sets of 2. I am planning on doing the strength and explosion workouts after school on Tuesday that way I can have Wednesday off. Thursday I will do off day exercise and Friday I will do core and upper body. Saturday I will do the plyometrics, Sunday core and upper and Monday off day exercise. I think this schedule will be easiest for me to follow for now anyways. I am going to try and stick with this schedule until about a week before Thanksgiving when basketball starts. I have completely dropped the goal of dunking with 2 hands as it will be impossible to do before basketball season starts and I have to quit workouts. I just hope I can get it with one hand and a little force before basketball season. At least I could dunk in pre game then!!  I should have started with the plyo workout on Saturday to start week 9 but I am going to start week 9 tomorrow with the weight lifting. I am pretty busy with school and everything but I am going to try and stick with it and hopefully have a video put up this next week. Good luck training to all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. I know how hard it can be when really busy. Not sure I'm going to hit my goal on a 10' hoop either. The hoop that made me think I was close turned out to be only 9'10" so I have a bit more to go then I thought. Keep it up you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! Yes, there is a huge difference betweek 9'10 and 10'. I have been able to dunk on the 9'10 goal for about 2 1/2 months and have yet to get it down on 10'. Those 2" seem more like 2'!!! Good luck to you as well

    ReplyDelete