Tuesday, August 7, 2012

End of week 5


Week 5 is over and I missed both days of the core and upper body workouts. One day I was sick and I dont remember why I missed the other day. Like I said I dunked on the 9'10 goal at the outdoor court prettty hard but did not get video of it. Well I went back up there Sunday and just so happened to get a dunk down with a little bit of force. After watching the video scroll down and compare it to the first time I dunked 9'10 a little over a month ago. Looks to me like I am about 3" higher now. Based on the video I should be able to dunk 10' but as Candyman and JW Dunk stated I think it is a mental block for me. The 10' goal looks soooo much higher than the 9'10 goal and I think my mind tells me that it is too high for me. I totally agree with JW Dunk that once I get it for the first time then it will not be that way because that is how 9'10 used to be for me until I got it for the first time. I went to the gym yesterday to do all of my vertical tests but I was a little sore and not jumping my best. I did grab the rim with 2 hands which I can do basically whenever I want now. None of my other jumps seemed any higher than when I started the program. Let me know what you think about the jumps!





3 comments:

  1. compared to week one I can definitely see the difference. Good job, man. Keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! I got 3 weeks until school starts and then it may be hard for me to find time to get the workouts in. Hope the gains start pouring on though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can definitely see a difference. You rattled the one dunk in and your buddy (or you) even asked if it went in! On your latest video, you dunked with some power and straight through.

    Looking good!

    ReplyDelete