Tuesday, August 21, 2012

No birthday dunk

I went to the gym yesterday with hopes of dunking on my birthday which was my goal from the very beginning. I was not able to do this but I feel like I am pretty close and should get it down within the next 3 weeks. Things are going to change next week when school starts and it will be hard to train. We hit the weights hard 3 times a week at school so I am not sure if I can do jump manual after school without overtraining or being too worn out to so it. Jump Manual says not to incorporate jump manual with any other weight training so I am not sure what to do. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts about this? Anyways back to what I was talking about. I feel like I am pretty close to getting a dunk and I actually grabbed rim off of my standing vertical for the first time!! There was also a basketball about the size of a girls ball but it was a little flat where I could have a good hold on it. I missed several dunks due to the rim popping and hitting the ball but I did get it down once pretty good. Once again I was in the gym alone so no video and no adrenaline. Right after I dunked that ball the first time a friend walked in and I said "watch this" I went up and jammed that ball!! Not just a dunk but a dunk with some force behind it! Now I just got to get where I can dunk a fully aired up mens ball. The new goal is to dunk 1 hand by September 17 which is 4 weeks. Next week I am not sure I will get any workouts in being the first week of school and I am going to try and see how the in school workouts are going to be and how I can incorporate jump manual. So actually I should have about 3 weeks to get the dunk down. Hope all goes as planned, need to get there soon!

3 comments:

  1. you can do jump manual pretty easily with your other workouts. you have 2 core & upper body days and one leg day. just make those your 3 weight days.

    sounds like your really close! excited for you man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After next week I will have an idea of how I need to do the workouts once I find out what we will be doing for school workouts. I was pretty excited myself! I actually think I could dunk it now if I got a really good jump, had someone watching me, and had the moon lined up with earth correctly haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you should easily be able to do this by your new goal. Good luck. Excited to hear (and hopefully see) you throw it down soon.

    ReplyDelete